Mako Africa marine training courses
We offer advanced training courses for crew members and boat operators through our specialized African Marine training courses.
Boat Operators Basic Course (Instructors can join)
- Unpack and assembly of boats
- Correct installation of motor, including height and propeller
- Maintenance of boat (what to do and what not to do)
- Boat repair and basic maintenance
- Setting the boat up for different water conditions
- Crew spacing and seating positions
- Safety procedures for pilots and crew
Boat Operators Instructors Course (together with boat crew)
- Advanced skippers and operators course (Boat pilots)
- Safety procedures to follow
- Pre-launch check procedures
- Reading / Understanding the water and conditions
- How to adapt to different conditions
- Outboard motor mechanic course
- Servicing at regular intervals
- Maintenance and basic upkeep
- Cuping and repair of propellers
On water advanced boat operators and crew course
- Advanced boat handling and piloting skills
- Colregs – Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea – ROC, lookout, speed, vessels in sight, overtaking, head-on and crossing situations
- Cavitation: cupping props and motor height
- Capsize drill
- Restarting a submerged engine
Mako Marine Africa has over 30 years of experience
Through training our clients to use our products over decades, we have built up a team of seasoned marine trainers with a depth of experience.
We offer trainers qualified by SAMSA (South African Maritime Safety Authority)
This training team can conduct all the required levels of practical training to maximize the qualification of the trainee.
Courses are tailored to the proficiency level of the candidates, which determines when they will move on to more advanced skills. The training packages are therefore staggered to form a foundation of learners grouped according to standards, from which they can be up skilled accordingly. Students with more experience and aptitude can be fast tracked over a short period of time.
Candidates should be selected from a group of persons who qualify for selection by having basic skills in the marine environment and are physically able and competent in the water.
They require a basic marine background of a level that enables them to face the tasks that marine service personnel need to accomplish.
Physical characteristics should include the ability to swim, and to endure the sustained physical activity required to lift and carry incapacitated persons. They must also be able to manage a vessel, be that a river, lake, dam or sea going vessel.
Courses are offered in English, so trainees must have a basic knowledge of the English language. (Basic course handbooks can be provided in any language).
African marine training courses IN AFRICA, FOR AFRICA
In order that we create a platform for boat and marine training, all learners will first need to be trained through basic emergency care and marine skills before gaining experience to move on to advanced skills.
We're here to help...
We're here to help...
Please provide us with some details about yourself and we will get in touch with you..