Mako Africa marine training courses
At Mako Marine Africa apart from building your boat, we also offer advanced training courses for crew members and boat operators through our specialized African marine training courses
Marine Training course
See courses below as an example.
Boat Operators Basic Course (Instructors can join)
- Unpack and assembly of boats
- Correct installation of motor including height and propeller
- Maintenance of boat (what to do and what not to do)
- Boat repair and basic maintenace
- Setting the boat up for different water conditions
- Crew spacing and seated positions
- Safety procedures for pilots and crew
Boat Operators Instructors Course (together with boat crew)
- Advanced skippers and operators course (Boat pilots)
- Safety procedures to follow
- Check procedures to follow before launching
- Reading the water and conditions
- How to change or adapt to the different conditions
- Outboard motor mechanic course
- Servicing at regular intervals
- Maintenance and basic upkeep
- Cuping and repair of propellers
On water advanced boat operators and crew course
- Advanced boat handling
- Colregs – ROC, lookout, speed, vsl in sight, overtaking, head-on and crossing situations
- Cavitation: cupping props and motor height
- On water advanced piloting skills continued
- Capsize drill
- Restarting a submerged engine
Mako Marine Africa has over 30 years of experience
Having to educate our clients in the use of our boats over the years we have built up a team of seasoned marine trainers with a depth of experience in order to give our clients a truly bespoke and rounded service marine understanding and qualification.
We offer trainers qualified by SAMSA (South African Maritime Safety Authority)
This team can conduct all the required levels of training to maximize the qualification of the trainee.
We will stagger the training in such a way so as to form a foundation of learners who can be rapidly deployed operationally and up skilled over a short period of time.
Candidates should be selected from a group of persons who qualify by having basic skills in the marine environment and are physically able and competent in the water. They also require a basic marine background suitable to enable them to face the tasks that aquatic service personnel need to accomplish.
Physical characteristics should include the ability to swim and endure sustained physical activity compatible with that required to lift and carry incapacitated persons as well as manage a river, lake, dam or sea going vessel.
Courses are offered in English and trainees must have basic knowledge of the English language. We can also provide basic course handbooks in any language.
with our African marine training courses learners will benefit from practical training taking place on and in the intended vessels and on the waterways that they will be using when performing their duties.
African marine training courses IN AFRICA, FOR AFRICA
In order that we create a platform for boat and marine training, all learners will first need to be trained through basic emergency care and marine skills before gaining experience to move on to advanced skills.
We're here to help...
We're here to help...
Please provide us with some details about yourself and we will get in touch with you..